Ronin Live on Missouri Review

The short story “Ronin” is now live at the Missouri Review

The story came out of the blue, it seems, the core of it presenting itself one day in my head, though it’s a culmination of many things. It was inspired by my Bakersfield surroundings, by Westchester streets, houses, and duplexes, by palm trees, the Padre, and the Fox Theatre (though they’re never mentioned, they are there, between the lines), by the Kern River, by bicycle shops, by my cat reimagined as feral, and by combative attitudes and a certain swagger. The powder and fuse were all there. All I needed was a light.

Enjoy.

Ghost Cat by Bertrand Paris Romaskevich, CC BY-SA 3.0.

Comments

  1. I found this story in Missouri Review by sheer serendipity, and I'm so delighted I did! It's fantastic. I'm so glad your work is out there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts